PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 00:05
bird99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm loathe to come in at this point because there's too much to say, but I'll blah on anyway.

Dave Martin

Agree wholeheartedly. Those of you who state that FOX presents 'the other side' (was it 'hold their feet to the fire'?) ought to bear in mind that that is the only channel that is normally tuned in for US forces in Iraq and the wider ME region. No problem with one channel being a Rumsfeld fan club site, but when it's all the guys see, then that's a problem.

I am nervous about commenting more widely - I am sp pleased the women of Afghanistan voted but it's not perfect by any means (neither are most democracies - though that's not my argument). Most Iraqis and, incidentally most ME countries, are glad to see the back of Hussein's regime but that does not excuse the mistakes that we have made since the end of Phase 3 (reasons various - needs new thread).

None of this is simple but I believe in treating others as I would want to be treated and, I know it sound trite, but two wrongs don't make a right. Unless we maintain the moral high ground (I hate that phrase - any suggested alternatives?) we are no better than those whose methods we stoop to.

I think I'd better stop now.