PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2005, 20:47
SASless

Received 561 Likes on 230 Posts
Proone ....

In the words of a US Marine....when asked by a typical liberal news reporter "Why are you fighting in Iraq?" That fine young man merely smiled and said "implementing my government's policies.....we don't make the policy...we just carry it out!"

Do you think for one second the world is devoid of politics? If you cannot accept the fact that politics is and always will be the vehicle by which the world's nations conduct their affairs....then you fail to see reality. This is a time of great conflict in the world....and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. Accept it. For sure,you and I cannot change it. I will without reservation tell you that things are not run the way I would like to see them done....but I am only one person as are you.

A very small number of Iraqi's are fighting us....just as did some Germans at the end of WWII....in time they will be defeated.

I did not say we went in to free the women...I said as a result of that action, women are better off today than under the Taliban. Undeniably so....no more football stadium executions for going about uncovered.

Why are we not going into all those other places....rephrase the question....why are you not there? You are the government that opposed the Rhodesian independence. My country turned our backs upon them too....

Simply put, we have our hands full with Iraq currently. Defense cuts during the Clinton years left our military so short-handed that we do not have the necessary force structure to devote more troops to Syria. One might note it is shorter to road march to the Med than load up for an Arabian Gulf departure however.

Any way you figure it....it is the squaddie out there on the ground with the rifle and bayonet, the aircrew, and the sailors that exert the force needed to effect national policy. Politicians talk about it...news people decry it....but the war fighters do it.

Take a wander through some military cemetaries and take note of the price they pay for having the courage to stand up for what they believe in.

We owe them our undying gratitude and solid support. You have a bone to pick...do it with the politicians that put them there....not the guys that do it.

We in the United States are coming to our Memorial Day this weekend....a time when we honour all those that have served and those that were lost. It is right we do so.

Sunfish

Both wars were fought by Conscripts....which two wars are you referring to? Please do enlighten us as to where you came up with that gem.

Significant volunteers in all Western armies during the two World Wars....also there were ample evidence of prisoners being shot out of hand by our side. Ever read the accounts of how the German POW's suffered in PW enclosures at the end of the war. You plainly do not know your history.

Ever hear of the Eagle Squadron....all American pilots conscripted from the USA by the RAF. Yeah, right!