PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates T and C changes
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2005, 20:14
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its fair to say that DEC's at EK are definitely a poor attempt at mitigating the affects of the recent changes to our T and C's----- a resultant loss of desirable pilots applying for positions and the loss of qualified and experienced pilots at an alarming rate.

Even 'Bird On', in spite of his obvious alterior motives, might agree that the present policy will have disastrous long term affects for EK. And if he doesn't agree then he is truly lacking as a human being. This is made quite clear with his ridiculous comments wrt being a 'patient F/O', 'things at EK are prospering' and 'all good things come to those who wait' rhetoric. He may continue to talk up the good life at EK with hopes of attracting desirable pilots but i believe that those considering uprooting families to come to EK, should be given the entire truth before making such a decision. His attempts at trapping fellow pilots into something without full disclosure is devious and self-serving. And believe me, i want pilots applying to Emirates as it will ensure the success of this airline and thereby my career. Yet unlike Bird On, I refuse to mislead.

I have to state that I do not hold anything against DEC's. I place no blame upon them and treat them with respect. I entirely place the blame for this misguided policy on Emirates management. In fact i find it disturbing that some of these DEC's are absolutely pathetic in their primary job of being a safe and effective captain. Some of these guys are stellar captains and would be an attibrute to any airline but its entirely correct in stating that some of these pilots are way out of their element. I have seldom seen such poor airmanship and lack of knowledge regarding SOP's, TR avoidance, crew cooperation, fuel saving measures, as I have seen from some DEC's at EK. That is a sad reflection on the DEC policy at EK.

Even if all the DEC's were stellar captains I still believe the policy is flawed. It promotes dissention amongst the pilot group and rewards the ill-advised policies of managers. There is absolutely no reason why EK could not promote from within. This was the most desirable pilot job as little as 3 years ago....... in the entire world. Now, it is only desirable for those with a marked decrease in experience and training as compared to those applying in the past.

This policy must be axed and the sooner the better. And the only way that there is any hope of having this airline continue to prosper will be to completely review the recent decisions regarding T and C's. Pls go back and review the policy changes I have listed at the beginning of this thread, that have occured in the past year. Even the likes of Bird On will have to agree, this airline is pointed in the wrong direction wrt our careers and it is all in the name of profit. Too bad the managers can't see beyond a couple of months and realize that profit will suffer immensely due to these changes. Sometimes i wonder if it all comes down to jealously.