PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2005, 21:50
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fastjet..........I dont know what your background is, however your rose coloured view of airlines and their "association" with FTO's is either deluded, or I suspect naive. The simple fact of the matter is this.......any sponsorship deal..relationship....business arrangement, call it what you like, exists as an out and out marketing tool for these FTO's
Sure a few lucky souls who enter into a contract with these FTO's will be cherry picked and added to BIG AIRLINES crew roster if they actually neeeeed people. The VAST majority will be sidelined..have their pockets emptied..(around 30-40% more expensive than other FTO's who dont have an "airline" realtionship) and end up in the queue like plenty of other wannabes. Its that simple..
You state that candidates are able to go elsewhere if they want..so?..whats your point?
If you genuinely live under the impression that as a "screened and approved candidate" you have an inalienable right to a job..think again..airlines change plans on a day to day basis..if they dont need you..then they dont care.
I hope you enjoy the sun....perhaps the fresh air..blue sky..and open spaces expand your mind to allow you to see the big picture.

Nurse more beer please....

H