PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Many Pilots pull a Sickie when there not?
Old 26th May 2005, 21:49
Flying Fiona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Authority Digital Engine Control! Ha, now who looks the idiot?

abra.
It matters alot if your spelling is correct. It is one of lifes major issues. Just a thought but wasn't the English language created to convey a message? Mybae you sohlud sduty the art of cmoumnacotin.

Now back to the thread.

Pulling a sickie is common practice. I believe it is higher in Aviation because of the way the staff are treated. Personally my family come way before the people I work with. Yes they are my colleagues but quite frankly I don't give a stuff about any one of them. My family mean more to me than anything in this world and all I am doing is making them more of a priority than work. It is your choice if you decide to put work before your home life.

Unfortunately the Airlines have brought this sorry state of affairs on themselves. They have nobody else to blame for the current high level of sickness that haunts them.

As for those of you that criticise me for taking a few extra days sick, can you honestly tell me you have never done it yourself? One day off sick when your not is just as morally bad as a month off. So don't tell me I'm out of order. Do you not think your being selfish towards your family by working every hour God sends? I know of a company that has just taken 3 days holiday off all their staff without any agreement. But I guess that is OK. Pilots are human at the end of the day and people will do what they have to do. You may not like the idea of sickies but it is a fact of life that most decent people will put their family first.