PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2005, 16:20
Dave Martin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I really am shocked by some of the replies on here.

While we still look at Islam and the Middle East as a monolithic evil, all that is really portrayed is our ignorance.

16 Blades, my earlier reference to FOX was based on substance, not alignment. I don't look at it as a news source, any more than the Sun or the Sport are. This isn't due to the political angle it stirkes, rather the format of the news - it is Orwelian and little different in form from Nazi or Soviet propaganda. I can happily obsorb right-wing news as much as left-wing if it is "fair and balanced". Fox aint. Sadly much, maybe most, of Amercan outlook on the world is gleaned from this visual source.

Really can't stomach reading this any more, but it is enlightening. The obvious conclusion drawn is, we (the US and UK) have lost this war and will continue to do so while those that hold the levers of power think in these terms. We will continue to be hated and continue to be the target of vengeance, not just from Islam, but from the growing number of people who see our "western ways" as no longer carrying any appeal. We have little or no morale high ground to shout from. This is a porblem far more endemic than a couple of soldiers possibly beating prisoners to death, but this just happens to be one of the examples that floats to the surface for western eyes.

Our own ignorance and manipulation is no less than that of the fools making murder in Iraq.