PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why to stop paying for type ratings.
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 20:19
FAB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEVC,

I mean a TR won't give you a job if you don't already have jet hours or if you do not pay your own line training (or if you don't have a big contact).
Before I started the type rating course, I knew that I had to pay for hours on type that's why I am now waiting for the next step which is doing the line training on the A320 and of course, I won't touch the sidestick at the begining, it's the same way for everybody starting...

If you know already that this is not going to get you a job, why you defend the undefendable?
You should stop listening others otherwise you will never go forward.
There are jobs, you have to go and look for it, it won't come to you. Airlines need qualified pilots ready to operate, they don't care how you obtained the flight experience on type.Nowdays the word is: money.
The guy without the qualification will be at the end of the list and unfortunately, more and more pilots are paying their own rating. If you want to stay at the rear, it's your choice, it's too late to change this system.
Concerning the line training, I personally know 4 guys who paid their experience and are presently F/O and paid. Sorry but I prefer to listen those guys instead of those who are always complaining and doing nothing.

cheers