PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 08:47
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
!6 Blades, now I will simply assume that you are Airforce and have NO IDEA what or why the rules are what they are.

I'm still stuck with the OSA and this is a public forum, so I cannot and will not quote chapter and verse.

The rules for handling prisoners are clear, they are to be removed, with their posessions as quickly as possible for debrief, as this is the most efficient way of getting information of immediate tactical value from them.

There is no point in interrogating for long term information by roughing them up because the battle situation will have changed by the time you have that information. You may in time wheedle out some order of battle information.

Secondly, as others have alluded to, the only way of winning this war is to get Arab opinion on our side, so either you are saying the war is unwinnable, or you are advocating tactics that will make it unwinnable.

As for "applying pressure" to achieve the aim. You are simply demonstrating why you are unfit to be a member of any military force, if in fact you are one at all. Military law does not allow it. Civil Law does not allow it. Expereince and common sense indicates that the information provided is not, and never has been reliable, accurate, or timely. Do you even understand the definition of "reliable" and "accurate" in a military intelligence context? Obviously not!

Furthermore, you have conveniently ignored my post explaining to you the doctrine of condonation and why there must already be an ironclad case to Court Martial a CO no less, so I assume you simply have never been taught military law and therefore you are a troll.

Furthermore your comments about not being "nice" to the enemy and rewriting the Geneva convention are as contemptible as you are. I do not believe you are military at all, and if you are, then you are a pathetic excuse for a service person who does not deserve to wear the uniform of any country.

Finally there is the question of discipline which you have conveniently ignored. I won't try and explain to you what this means in a military context since you obviously have no %^$%#$ idea.

I could go on, if you are indeed RAF (which I doubt), you are a disgrace.

Last edited by Sunfish; 25th May 2005 at 09:00.