PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 19:21
16 blades

Short Blunt Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A law or treaty becomes useless when one party is not a signatory, or chooses to ignore it. Remember, the various Geneva Conventions were enacted around 1948, 57 years ago.

At this time, supra-national terrorism hadn't even been imagined, let alone taken place. What use is a treaty, notionally designed to ensure that conflict does not get out of hand, which doesn't even take into account the current biggest threat to world security?

It's also worth noting that at the time the convention was enacted, homosexuality was still illegal in Britain, and we still owned most of the Empire. Why are the 'progressives' not demanding 'progress' in this area, I wonder??

Crash, I am sure you are aware of this, but Arab / Islamic culture is VERY different to Malayan culture. To show TOO much mercy, restraint or kindness to an enemy is seen as a major weakness and invites further attack. Arab culture respects only a show of strength from 'infidels'.

Happytruckin, shall I present a list of atrocities committed by their side, to compare and contrast? I'm sure I don't need to...

16B

Last edited by 16 blades; 24th May 2005 at 20:19.