PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why to stop paying for type ratings.
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 15:54
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post IHD ! Totally agree !! It absolutely beggars belief to me the lengths people will go to get a job, and before I get shot down in flames I know there are people out there who have been looking for a long time and see a TR as a means to an end, but its ridiculous !! Serious hard earned cash or loans have already been spent. When I decided to venture down this road people paying for TR's wasn't something I'd really heard of !! It seems the goal posts moved somewhat whilst I was down the training route and I quite frankly ther is no way I'm paying for a TR. If there was solidarity the airlines would eventually have to concede ! I'm about to do an MCC and then I'm well and truly fATPL and any more cash that is spent after that (renewing ratings etc aside) will be on me and my family thank you very much.

If an airline said; "O.K. Here's the deal .... if you lease your own 737 we'll let you come and fly for us for free !!" there'd be someone out there that would consider it a viable option !!

Cheers,
CG.