PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Air B747F
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 15:23
cargodawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rosbif,

but I would think that if they can make money using the subcontractors they will delay and possibly deploy the 777s to other routes.
Unless AC's operating costs are completely out of line, AC will be able to do it inhouse far cheaper than by that provided by an ACMI operator.

As far as "cheap" goes, again, you need to understand the economics of it. The MD11 freighter is in extremely high demand right now (name me one operator that has one parked at the moment) so why would AC be getting some plum deal??? Supply/demand = Gemini/World/etc charging whatever the market will bear. They don't need to reduce the rate when they can deploy it anywhere.

Whether AC actually operates the 777's it has ordered on these exact routes remains to be seen, but I would think that if they can make money using the subcontractors they will delay and possibly deploy the 777s to other routes.
Deal reached between Management and pilot group that will allow subcontract to operate for two years before coming in house. You are basing your whole position on personal assumptions and bais against AC.

That is how this game is played. It's all about getting the job done as cheaply as possible. That is why the Halifax 747 incident happened, and it is why our jobs are given away to whoever will do them cheapest.
So, with ACE operating (until recently) ex Cuba to central America, from EWR-BDA, and formerly in south east asia how is that not an issue to you??!!! So I guess it's okay for Canadians to operate 5th freedoms but not anyone else right?

I have no desire to make "personal attacks" but find it incredibly frustrating when uneducated/unfounded statements are made with the shear intent to stir a pot. Put together a half decent argument based on fact and I would be more than happy to argue it. I've yet to see any of that in your threads.

Or, as you already stated:
And for your information, both c150 and I have jobs and are not bitter in the slightest.
Based on the previous thread and C150s previous statement on his position, what jobs would it be that you two have? Paper routes? You can figure out your response at recess or over lunch between Leave it to Beaver and the Flintstones.

Last edited by cargodawg; 24th May 2005 at 18:57.