PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 15:00
Icarusthesecond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The answer to the exam question

To answer Beagles question:

They are brave boys and not murdering thugs.

I have to say that I am getting pis*ed off with people who try and link warfighting from 10000 feet and war fighting face to face. You think that all of those chaps on the ground want to be there?

Accept that war is nasty, accept that war is unpleasant and accept that things happen in war that ordinarily would not happen. Accept it and move on. It has happened in the past, it happens now and guess what – will happen in the future.

Punishing the boss is not the answer. The Stash at Odiham didn’t get Courts Martialled because a pis*sed up Flt Lt couldn’t keep it zipped did he? Different level granted but the principle of responsibility for those under your command is the same!

Lord knows that the chaps on the ground have it hard enough what with going out on patrol with sub standard kit and the fear of being blown up, not to mention legal action if they screw up. Now they have to deal with Beagle and the other two-winged master race whose most dangerous mission was asking the receptionist for more tonic in their lovely snugly hotel room or sending their washing forward.

Sorry to speak out against the father of PPRune but really, the press and the politicians pick away at the Armed Forces, we don’t need to do it ourselves.

Now, I know that the loyal followers and other who don’t have a clue but do have a large opinion (on most things) will be queuing at the door to beat me down. But I am wearing my body armour, helmet and even a cricket box and so I can say – well done boys, I am proud of you. I wouldn’t like to have done what you had to.

Now looking for patriotic flag to wave.