PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Air B747F
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 14:09
Rosbif

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point, in case you missed it again, is that AC always gets what it wants. The reason that they can get cheap subcontractors to do their work is that Transport Canada takes a ridiculously long time to approve aircraft and operations. (partly the gist of this original thread) The result is that the same aircraft end up operating here on foreign flags.
Whether AC actually operates the 777's it has ordered on these exact routes remains to be seen, but I would think that if they can make money using the subcontractors they will delay and possibly deploy the 777s to other routes.
While it takes a very long time and a lot of money to get an operation or new aircraft type going in Canada, (ask Cargojet or ACE) it seems that all AC has to do is pick up the phone and they can operate any aircraft they want on any route they want on the grounds that no viable Canadian alternative exists.
You have not even started to address these arguments and attack the personalities instead.
Remember that this type of thing might not always be restricted to pure cargo ops. With recent agreements with US airways in the picture, and AC struggling to train sufficient numbers of pilots, I think that you will be coming over to my side of the agument when US carriers start doing AC's pax work.
Only time will tell if I am right, but by then it will be too late.
- And I am not your "son". Did they teach you to talk down to people like that on your AC captain's course?