PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Overseas Basings.
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 04:46
Shake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Discovering...

I guess that overseas basing were inevitable but it will create even more problems for EK and prove very divisive. In any case it will not solve the fundamental issues back in Dubai.

EK have already discovered that they are not as attractive as they thought they were and pilots are not applying or arriving in the numbers needed to sustain todays schedules let alone those planned for the future.

At a time when they need as many pilots as they can train, they are losing pilots both through the front and back doors and it doesn't look as if the spectre of DECs with overseas basings will solve the problem, only add significantly to them.

They continue to do anything BUT look at the issues of pay and conditions. 8% didn't cut it and throwing CVs in our faces and telling that we are 'given' accomodation and other 'perks', which are actually necessities, doesn't work either.

Pilots are not coming because the pay fails to compete in the long haul-widebody sector regardless of what any 'in house' remuneration survey would have us believe. Pilots are leaving because the pay/conditions at EK have deteriorated when those elsewhere have improved.

Unfortunately EK have chosen to follow the road of Gulf Air and the writing is on the wall.

I am in the process of finding an overseas basing for myself and like many others it is not with EK.

Last edited by Shake; 24th May 2005 at 14:45.