PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Air B747F
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 02:38
Rosbif

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C your whatever and Deputy Dawg.
I wasn't trying to answer your questions, and you have not tried to answer mine.

My point, in case you missed it, is that Air Canada seems to get whatever it wants from the Canadian government. It is very convenient to them that there are no Canadian operators with lift that meets their requirement. It gives them an excuse to subcontract to cheaper US (or other) based companies. (Do I have to remind you that Canadians cannot even apply to work for these companies, even when they are hauling freight within Canada's border ?)

I suspect that if there were a Canadian company that could get the job done for a reasonable price with exactly the right aircraft, AC would most likely tell everyone that their requirement had changed.
I think that some people confuse cause and effect.

It is a perfectly clear and coherent argument, and one that I am sure all of the AC supporters would understand if, for example, Sunwing were to start plying some of the favourite AC routes with aircraft from Iceland or the UK. Suddenly, you would all be against subcontracting to foreign carriers.

And for your information, both c150 and I have jobs and are not bitter in the slightest. I for one, however, find your "I'm alright Jack" attitude very uncaring and selfish.

I do not think that the hundreds of Canadian pilots waiting for jobs to materialise would agree that subcontracting to foreign carriers is something that other Canadian pilots should be condoning.

Some (not all) of you AC types seem to live in your own little world.