PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Europe B757 merger Excel Airways
Old 23rd May 2005, 09:51
30W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abra,

If you are suggesting that your 4 757's are running around with uncertified parts onboard then I would suggest that the local CAA surveyor urgently looks into the situation. If their short inspection of the companies paperwork shows uncertainty as to the parts fitted, then they should be grounded forthwith (on G register), or refused access to UK airspace(TF registerd) until the matter is resolved.

As for AOC matters, I think the CAA is quite right in finally standing up to the mess that is offered under the current arrangement. Anytime there is an area of operation that would not be allowable to the CAA, or any other UK airline, then suddenly it seems to fall under the TF banner, and hence not UK CAA jurisdiction. If ever, god forbid, there was a serious incident/accident there would be great difficulty establishing EXACTLY what responsibilities lay with either side of the organisation.

I'm not an employee of either organisation, but do frequently use Excel services to/from Egypt as a customer. I have generally always good flights with them, and look forward to doing so in the future.

30W