PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why this forum is not for experienced pilots! - Discussion
Old 23rd May 2005, 08:53
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scroggs

Without wishing to deepen this go no where debate. As I remember it, in kindergarten we had teachers and they had been in the job for a long time, highly qualified and dished out their knowledge to a willing pupils.

I think and im sure some will say i dont! that all the experienced chaps gleaned much knowledge from this forum in thier quest for that "elusive" first job and when they have moved up a rung or two they come back to dish out thier knowledge and experiences.

In doing so some may inadvertently traverse that slippery path in to which your original post was intending to avoid.

To some it may seem that you have dug your heels in just a tad and thats fine we all do. But as i said before, I agree with you, mostly, but the tone of your original post has indeed courted some controvery and PPRUNE is just the place for that type of thing.

VC10

I fully agree with you that it should be fairly obvious to all who actually bother to read the text within the yellow band (as pilots we are expected to read what things do before utilising them),
I did and as a Professional Pilot i read the bit below it as well and as i intimated in my previous post the rest of the text may well be read to include those that this very debate is all about.

Tonic Please

I do hope your title is preceeded by "GIN and" and ends with "ice and a slice and be quick about it my good man".

It takes a big man (or girl) to put thier hands a up and say what you did and in the same vein i will appologise for the looking for an argument comment as i was called in off standby for an early and was a little tired and tetchy....not an excuse but a reason!

If your profile is up to date then good luck with your ATPL's it will all be worth it when you get in even when you get called in on a standby day.

Scroggs your right it has moved off the subject and i will try to resist the temptation to post on this again......I hope!