PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Radar Displays
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2005, 08:26
BALIX
I'm Just A Lawnmower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing that really gets my goat 5milesbaby is that we were consulted prior to the introduction of these screens, unlike the small screens they are partially replacing. Great, we thought, we will be able to have our say.

A working mock-up was duly set up and we were all sent along to look at it and make comments. The problem with the strip board, the reflectivity and all the other problems I've mentioned were brought up at the time by many different controllers. Yet when the screens were brought in operationally, the problems were exactly the same as we had pointed out during this consultation process. Sure, one or two other problems will be discoverd in the light of operational experience but the main ones were identified and ignored before they went live.

The thing is, the big screens ARE an improvement. That fact becomes obvious whenever you have to go back to using the ridiculous small ones. But they do have issues, serious issues in fact, that they shouldn't have and wouldn't have if only they had listened to us in the first place...