PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NationalJet Italia : no salaries this month for staff
Old 3rd Sep 2001, 23:08
Invalid Delete

Dodger your quotes :

It's definitely marginal on safety(thats why I left it alone!)
The cash is good the living is fun but thats marred by obscene conditions of service and a total disregard of FTL's
deliberate retouching-up of ASR's which was the significance of the SAFETY comment.
1) I objected to the first statement as you do not seem to have provided any evidence of this. I have not heard of anything "Dodgy" WRT safety, from my reliable sources at the AOC holders safety department. In fact all safety reports are taken very seriously and acted upon, according to my sources.

This is for the very reason that the AOC holder does not want to lose it's AOC for something "Dodgy" going on in another airline in another country.

Safety is largely dictated by the individuals at the sharp end. If you don't like the condition of the a/c - refuse to fly it like everyone else does.

2) WRT FTL's : You will probably be aware that the Italian FTL's permit significantly longer duty periods than other FTL schemes (e.g. the UK's) - BUT having familiarised yourself with them whilst working at NJI you will probably know that already.

3) WRT retouching-up of ASR's : This is a significant allegation and one, which if true needs to be investigated immediately. Just exactly who is able to do this ? These reports used to be faxed directly from the captain to the AOC holder with the flight report and filed with the relevant authorities. Where and when would this alleged "Touching up" be done ?

Please provide some evidence to back up your claims.
Just one example will do.

You obviously don't like NJI (for whatever reason) and that's fine. You are entitled to your own opinion. However you must be careful to quote your sources, if you are to validate the credibility of anything you are calling "facts". Just because you type something here it doesn't make it a "fact" - It is mearly an oppinion until then !!!

I was not trying to "ridicule" you. That would be superfluous. In fact you may recall me saying that I agreed with a lot of what you said.

And no I don't work in the office. I don't work for NJI either (I did fly the line there for a while, however). I just "know a few people in the know".

I do not claim to know all the facts and figures BUT I do object to unsubstantiated claims.

So until you can substantiate your claims with evidence it should be me telling you that :- "you are not serving your fellow pilots well at all are you?" rather than vice versa. Thank you.