PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALAEA EBA VII agreement
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2005, 00:16
Turbo 5B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numbskull, you've missed the point. It may only be voluntary but as it affects only Heavy maint then it should only be employees of heavy that have a say in whether or not it gets implemented or not. It should also be discussed ampngst heavy as to what form it should be in.
If the company came up and said we need h/m to work extended hour shifts for no extra penalties or Melbourne might go under would you as an employee outside of heavy have a right to decide this.
I might not mind the concept of o/t banking. I might even like to work it some day , but I will not work to the model that has been presented.
If the executive had come to H/M and had the extensive consultation that was promised and allowed open discussion over it's merits or the form that it has been presented then these things would have come to the surface.
Also what happened to the promise that it will be decided by heavy maintenance and if they don't want it it will not be part of the agreement.
If you believe everything that the company tells you you must be gullible.
I believe that the Bargaining committe does.
The line that it is either o/t bank for heavy or a sharply worded Transmission of business clause for everyone is stupid.
How about this reply to them?
Neither without substantial payrises.
The other big issue is that the cases that the company were using to add their T O B clause is no longer relevant.
A judge has ruled that that case can no longer be used as a precedent as it was an anomily.
The case was where a business was sold and its employees got new jobs doing the same thing with the new company i.e kept their jobs. They then realised that their eba was worded so that they could get a redundancy payment as well. It went to court and the employees won. Qantas did not want to be in that boat.
But as I said the judge has ruled that that case cannot be used as a precedent and thus Qantas's arguement falls down.
The Alaea should know that and stop using Heavy Maintenance as a bargaining tool.
It should also stop peddling lies about the impact of T O B.
Trustee 1 of the Association has stated that if a T O B comes in and Mel H/M goes under then people would lose their redundancy payments. What an outrageous load of $hit.
Numbskull you should open your eyes and ears and listen to people other that the ALAEA executive.
There's more to it than "it's Voluntary" look at the big picture.