PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT - APP program
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2005, 14:34
Bodie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys

Don't let Mark Birkett wind you up. I've had dealings with him in the past. He is one of those people who analyse schools to death, no correction, get other people to analyse schools to death for him then moves on another school and starts all over again.

Here is the contents of a recent conversation with him (PS. the secrecy he mentions is perhaps to do with the fact this forum can be anonnymous!):

Bodie,

Well that's a cryptic email if I ever saw one! Two things occur to me;

- One, you're quite right. I have taken a serious interest in Stapleford and may still work with them yet. They appear to be an excellent school with whom I would be happy to do business. However, their only downfall, like every other UK school is the dodgy weather and high fuel prices, which in turn lead to students being unable to get as many hours (esp. ME hrs) as operators appear to want. (www.themightymarcus.com/marketresearch.html)

EFT on the other hand seem to be equally well-thought of as an FTO and yet can offer more hours for the same money as well as. So, no mystery really is there?

- Second, if we've met before why the secrecy? Who are you?

Thanks for your input anyway..

Regards

Birky

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bodie wrote on 7th May 2005 22:05:
Mark,

From your website, and previous dealings with youself (perhaps unknown to you) you strike me as somewhat unsure of what path to take, and I wonder if you are seriously interested in EFT, since you have in the past been seriously interested in many other organisations including Stapleford.

EFT, like many other JAA training organisations in the UK and abroad offer a very high standard of training and at some point you will have to take the plunge and go for one. I also found myself overanalysing schools and checking reputation and prices but in the end you must plump for a decision and get the ball rolling, otherwise you'll be loosing your medical on age grounds!

Best if luck

Bodie

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birky wrote on 6th May 2005 12:24:
Dear Bodie,

I saw your post on PPRUNE regarding EFT. I understand you are now there training.

I am seriously interested in EFT and wondered whether you might be willing to share your views on a number of subjects related to training there? If so, I would very, very much appreciate you dropping an email to:

[email protected]

I have about 30 questions which only someone who had been to EFT could answer. (yup, the other 6000 have been answered already!)

In return, I am very happy to share any information I have with you. (For instance, you may be interested in an employer survey I conducted here in the UK back in Jan 2005. The results were quite useful for any aspiring commercial pilots. www.themightymarcus.com/marketresearch.html )

Hope to hear from you soon,

Regards

Birky (Mark Birkett)

Last edited by Bodie; 21st May 2005 at 14:52.