PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT - APP program
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2005, 02:05
cosworth211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just like to add my two cents.

As anyone who has dont their homework properly you will find multiple extra costs in any sort of APP program, from the extra you have to pay for the photo for your first embassy visit to the extra FI CAA MEP rating.

I vetted a fair few UK and US schools and found hidden costs in all, however after speaking to the crew in Florida for US I found them informative, honest, and non contridictary. Yes there are hidden costs, but in fairness if you think you will get every bit of training to take the right seat in a shiny jet for $60k you need to get real.

I read a thread recently where an OFT student nearly lost his life through horrific maintenance. If a discrepancy on a website is all someone can come up with, please I advise you think about what could happen thats worse in an inferior school.

I completed my PPl at shoreham sussex flying club, which is EFT's UK base, and they are the best bunch of guys and proffessionals Ive ever met. I cannot yet comment on the facilities in Florida, but their UK base has a good simulator and approx 4 briefing rooms, and is a perfect location for completing the UK IR, with flights to Le Touquet, Bournemouth, and other airfields/ports that are actually worth bothering visiting.

I also read in this thread that there are few places left. As said before testament to a good school I pray, and the less competition the better

Last edited by cosworth211; 21st May 2005 at 11:31.