PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT - APP program
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 21:09
TwoDeadDogs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Hi all
Mark, I am well aware that many schools and airlines lease their aircraft. I regard it as sub-honest to claim "our school, our fleet, our facilities",etc and then turn up to find that all EFT own is the shirts on their backs and the paper in the copier.That's less than confidence-inspiring.It made me wonder what else they are telling falsies about.
You forgot to reply to my assertion about the 3 percent surcharge imposed by Aviator on foreign credit cards. No such charge applies in shops over there, apart from local sales tax. How did Aviator get away with doing that? That little nugget is not mentioned in any EFT literature.
The fact that persons doing a JAA course pay more per flight hour than FAA students is a con,pure and simple. If an FAA student flies an aircraft for X dollars and the JAA student pays 2X dollars for the same aircraft and the same quality of tuition, then the mug from Europe is subsidising the FAA student.
The lack of a sim is critical. No credible school operates today without one. If EFT UK have one, then EFT USA should have one.
With regard to accomodation, on several occasions, there were failures and instructors had to give students a roof to sleep under. That is not conducive to a good study atmosphere, to say the least.
By what you say, things have improved considerably, but I felt let down by a stream of niggles with their system and have subsequently spent my renewal euros elsewhere.
regards
TDD