PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALAEA EBA VII agreement
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 13:59
CASEY JONES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASEY JONES
Instead of being 'just another number' I could order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe
posted 20th May 2005 04:29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O/T banking is not a big issue for most but it is a great win for QF - after all no other unions have weakened to this demand at either H/M Melb or Syd, 3% gives QF the right to demand nothing.
I think QF management would be wrapped though to see how willing ALAEA exec are to participate once again in their favorite ploy of sacrificing the minority while encouraging I'm right jack attitude in the majority.
Another reason I'd be happy if I was Cox Vincent or Clark is that if I was setting up to outsource heavy & line maint to a third party labour hire company( very doable ) then I couldn’t ask for a better bunch of blokes to thrash out the issues with than the ALAEA EBA neg committee
I'm sure they hope that this EBA is finished quickly so these issues along with LAME-less tarmac can be sorted before the ALAEA boys get the boot. How well will the QF look after them when they have no one to sell out ?
There are long term ramifications for all LAMEs in this EBA ie some line guys forced to the hangers with the heavy guys & only o/t bankers offered the extra hours / don't worry though this won't happen to our current EBA neg group.
We might not end up with much of a pay deal but we must stand together & earn some respect as a group regardless of how keen our office bearers are to ingratiate themselves to management.
We should all remember the one golden QF rule no matter what your grade level or dept a good employee /LAME is a cheap one.