PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Eagle Interviews
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2005, 01:20
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loganair operated the J32 in there for a few months from august 1991. It was at the request of the refinery at Sullum Voe, and was done on the promise of a runway extension at the "uphill" end. However, local politics got in the way and it was never done - I seem to recall there was road along the threshold that "couldn't be moved" or something. It was all politics - the Islands Council was trying to promote Sumburgh at the time, and didn't like us sneaking up to Scatsta. Loganair ceased the service, as the J32 performance wasn't really up to the short runway.

I heard that the runway was finally extended in 1996, but by then Loganair was back to being a Shorts 360 operator. I was doing other things in deepest, darkest Norwich.

The J31 entered service in 1982 and the J32 in 1988.

haughtney1

No research needed, it is all on the thread about fumes - http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...hreadid=172223

The rest I knew, I'm a very learned chap you know...

Not sure about your aunt, maybe she was the one in 4F the other day complaining about the ride. Please take her aside and give her a good talking to. If I see her again, I'll let her know you are looking for her.