PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2005, 23:11
PIGDOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9mm

My point about the bean counters was that they are people in the know. If they're not going to spend ANY money (part sponsorship, etc) then isn't it a big, flashing, warning, neon light that there isn't going to be a good enough return on their investment, or the risk is too great.

I'm certainly not poo-pooing paying for training, nor anyone who decides to take that route. My point is that shouldn't the airline at least commit to something more than just "if we want you at the time then we'll see"!!

That's all my point was. I certainly wasn't looking for some topic to 'poo-poo'. This is a genuine concern of mine, since I'm interested in finding out about the details. I certainly don't appreciate being called a sad b*****d for asking questions and I think it was out of order.

I'll say again, just to emphasise, that I really do hope that all who get on this do very well out of it. The cons outway the pros FOR ME. But you guys have a good crack at it.

Another (genuine) question:
Do Thomson pay you back the bond over a period of time after employment? Easyjet do it I think, but I'm not sure.

Thanks