PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2005, 18:29
fastjet2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As has been said in previous posts, the Thomsonfly/BACX schemes do not guarantee jobs. However, if you were going to bite the bullet and go and do a course would you not rather do it under the umbrella of an airline. I am not on the Thomsonfly scheme myself, I'm here with different attachments - however had I not been succesful in my initial endeavour then I would have applied as I was always going to do the course, just a question of how.

I realised a long time ago that I was going to have to finance the cost of my training. Even in the so called golden era when BA were fully sponsoring, you went in on a fairly well reduced cadet salary and had to pay back around £15000 over 5 years. Either way, you made a fairly substantial contribution to the cost of your training, it's just being done a little differently now.

As has been said in the post by empennage, Thomsonfly do take an interest in the training of the cadets on their scheme and they will be the first to get jobs upon graduation, assuming the airline requires flight crew at that time. There are those who have asked why they should take the risk financially, why shouldn't the airline do it? Well, dya know what - if you don't, somebody else will...