PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT - APP program
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2005, 20:54
Mark Collins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birky,

Firstly, let me introduce myself. I am currently a senior instructor at EFT and I have been with them for approximately 18 months. Although not a graduate of the APP program I did obtain my Flight Instructor and FAA ratings through EFT.

With reference to your first post I do believe you are reading too much into Trevor's email. I believe that Trevor was just being honest with you as he is with all potential customers. Don't take it personally.

As a business owner yourself I am sure you are aware of the importance of your staff. Through the APP program EFT is able to build a solid team of instructors that are committed to high standards of training and that fit the structure and environment of EFT. Surely it is the right of any management to pre-select potential team members. In the case of EFT that process is continually ongoing, from the point or your application and all through your training. It is one of the many reasons why EFT is successful and has survived difficult times in the aviation training industry.

Not everybody is suited to the APP program, not everybody is suited to EFT. Facts that are not the responsibility of EFT. It is unfortunate that your initial experience with EFT was not a positive one, we are unable to satisfy everyone.

Also, thank you for your concerns over the website, the errors you pointed out have been highlighted to the CFI and the site will be adjusted accordingly.

Next point - working as an instructor at EFT. The two year program where you will be working as an instructor is one of continual development. The opportunity is there for you to develop from a PPL instructor to a ME/IR instructor. This is dependent on two things, your desire to do it and commercial viability. Trevor is committed to giving all his students and instructors the best possible start to their aviation career, it is the main driving force behind the business. He genuinely believes in his product and will afford every assistance possible to help people achieve their goals. An instructors progression is managed on an individual basis and all opportunities will be open to you. It is not viable to quote for this as part of the APP as different people will choose different development paths.

Be careful about who you call arrogant. Arrogance breads complacency and complacency breads poor standards. I think the responses you received form current and former EFT students highlights we are definitely not arrogant. Thank you to those individuals for their positive comments about EFT. All of the instructors at EFT work long hours 6 days a week for the benefit of the students. Yes, we gain experience and hours, but instructing is something you have to commit to, it is not just about counting time.

Lastly, I would like to offer you some advice. The process of finding a training provider is difficult and sometimes frustrating as there are a lot of options and a lot of conflicting opinions. Take your time, do your research and make a choice that is personally right for you. A difficult decision, but be sure that you are comfortable with the company you choose and don't hand over all your money before you get there. If you need some advice on becoming a pilot/instructor, then feel free to drop me an email. I will be happy to share my experiences with you.

Remember the World isn't perfect, so accept it. Stop whining, leave this forum for people with genuine questions about training and get on with it.

Mark Collins.

Last edited by Mark Collins; 16th May 2005 at 21:25.