PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 22:33
ILS 119.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding 28/10. If this runway is closed (in my view, yes) what would the flying clubs do in strong, out of limits crosswinds across 32/14. Answer not fly and therefore lose money. Who has invested a significant amount of money in the southside expansion, the owner of multiflight. Who can say whether or not this gentleman has made an agreement with LBA that they cannot close it for x amount of years. After all I wouldn't invest my money in a large project only to find out that my flying club end up losing money in the future.

A Fokker 70 had the figures to enable it to land on 28/10 if the conditions were correct.

The management have a choice, who do we keep happy? Jet 2 and improve parking, Multiflight and keep the club flying, The owning councils and try to make a profit.

In my view the only way forward for LBA is to take out 28/10 and use it for parking (or part of it), if the flying club cannot fly then so be it. Speculate to accumalate as they say. At least this way 2 out of the 3 above will be happy.

I cannot see the workforce being 2000+, if your calculations are correct then there must be more than 42 people in each section you have listed (I doubt it). Also many of the sections come under one idividual company. Lets look at the staffing,
Airside ops manager 1 person
Immigration 2, maybe 3 people
Customs 2 or 3
Tels 5 or 6
Eastern Airways flight crew 20 at most
Ground maintenance 4
Garage maintenance 3 or 4
Customer service 5
Airport company IT 4
Tels 24hr availability 1

These are only experienced estimates. There are only 2 of the list which I can see employing more than 42. Jet2 flight crew and security. Please prove me wromg but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.