PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lu Zuckerman
Thread: Lu Zuckerman
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 14:10
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I may have spoken too soon

I got back from the hospital the other day. I have technically finished my ChemoTherapy and they tell me the Leukemia is in remission. However over the next four months I have to spend six days in the hospital each month for what they call consolidation treatment, which consists of two doses of ChemoTherapy every 24 hours over the six days. This is supposed to give long term results although it can come back again. I lost a brother to Leukemia so I am very concerned. However with the love and support of My and Pearls families and the support of PPRuNer's I maintain a positive attitude. I have just a bit of fuzz on my head but my beard is coming back but very slowly.

After each monthly session I must take injections for the first ten days in order to rebuild my white blood cells. These tiny vials cost 270$ Canadian or 2700$ Canadian for each session of ten.

Lucky for me I haven't had any nausea as they give me something while taking ChemoTherapy and none so far while at home.

Wish me luck.