PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea Jet
Thread: Sea Jet
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2005, 17:18
Widger

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Spocla, more than happy to stand corrected as I admit I have never flown the beast and I bow humbly to your superior knowledge. However Casper did ask the question about both responsiveness and stability, why did you not reply to him before I got in there? Anyway, why is it that the crabs moan about not having Nozzle Nudge? Why do they moan about not having an electronic cue to go to braking stop but have to rely on the Freddie or the estimate of Flyco/paddles. Valid points I think to answer Caspers general inquiry.

Movin on.

As Navaleye has alluded, I think the lack of a radar over sea is a serious deficiency. The ability of a pilot to confirm that the ship is, where he is being told it is, is a valuable confirmation on a platform that still uses 1950s technology, dressed up in 1990s clothing. The RN is probably lucky not to have had more incidents in the past probably due to the Training and competence of both Aircrew and Controllers (Most of the time) but the Service has trod a very fine line. TACAN alone will not solve the problem, although it will help to give the pilots a more comfortable feeling. Lets just hope it has better serviceability and more spares than most of the other kit.

P.S. WEBF two house points please for sending this back to the top.