PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2005, 14:54
Leodis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LBA Expansion

LBA Expansion is what this thread is based on people.

If your interested in LBA and its growth, WITH or WITHOUT a, 'spanking brand new terminal', then this thread is for you.

Ciampino, L-Band, it is fine to criticise the place, but you need to be more constructive with your criticism. I understand from your posts that you possibly work at the airport. If you hate the place then that's fine, but why bother spending so much of your time talking down the place. Have you nothing better to do? The LBA management have made quite a few blunders over the years, but it's still here today. One other way of looking at it is, how well the airport handles so many flights, with a terminal building that has so many constraints because of its bad planning.

So stop the bickering and get supporting!

L-Band: Why use a perfectly good runway for parking aircraft
The answer is simple, 10 years ago, the airport company used the runway primarily for light aircraft use. This was then a reasonable income for an under used 'international' airport. Now that the airport has biult up quite reasonable amount of services, it requires the cross runway to expand. For the airport to expand further, it was always inevitable that the short *1100m cross runway was going to be required as an additional parking area for the 'bread and butter' commercial aircraft. A 'perfectly good runway' that is only *1100m in length was never going to be long enough for the majority of the airlines using the airport.

Looking back to one of my previous posts, keeping inline with the topic:- What is the way forward? How can the airport expand further 'within its budget constraints' and continue to increase the services and choice from the region? What short-term measures can be put in place to act as a 'catalyst to further growth'?

Furthermore....... ciampino, your last post, I can assure that this was a one off case. As usual the story was 'sexed up' as one would expect by the Daily Star.

Last edited by Leodis; 13th May 2005 at 15:12.