PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A/C flies with tape covered alt static ports?
Old 13th May 2005, 13:14
Irish Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt

it started with the missing headset story
Which was not this aircraft, this incident, or in any way related, and this incident wasn't mentioned at all in that discussion. Despite making contact with the operator at Bristol, I never did get $350 worth of headset back, or any offer of payment for it.

Then it appeared in the Safety CRM and QA forum.
Correct. As a result of the comments made in that thread, and some private feedback by E-mail, and discussions with several people who became aware of it, I made formal reports to the regulators. I was also "encouraged" to make people aware of what had happened, to try and raise awareness so that the chances of a repeat would be lessened. I'm doing that.

It's here now because one of the mods cut it out of the thread about the FAA/CAA difference of opinion about the BA747. I didn't post it as a seperate thread. I'm not complaining, it's for sure been seen by a lot more people that are at the sharp end every day, and that's why the comments were made.

I never identified who I was working for at the time, or what airline was involved, that's been done by other people, and I can't be responsible for the actions of those other people.