PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2005, 12:25
Taiguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

To put everybodies mind at rest here is my view on the whole scheme.

Thomsonfly, aka Britannia using a different trade name, are putting potential candidates through a selection process. The assessment stage which people will be invited too if successful on the question stage will occur in England and i assume before the end of May. (This is in the email when the questions are sent to you.)

Those selected at the end of this will then contract with Flight Training Europe for their normal integrated course. This is 92000 Euro's i think. The same way you would if you were self sponsored. Throughout the course however Thomsonfly will monitor the progress of these candidates and if at the end of the course they have reached the required standard and there are jobs within Thomsonfly they will be awarded jobs without going through the normal Britannia recruitment process and simulator check. There is no guarentee but a good chance of employment.

The way i see it is as follows. If i am not successfull at CTC then i will pay for it myself through and integrated course at a flight training organisation. Doing this means i'll be in debt or the order 70000+ and potential without a job. This scheme appeals to people like me purely because it reduces the risk of not getting employed. It is not a guarenteed job but if there are jobs available which you would expect given thomsonfly's expansion then you'll get one. This makes the decision to pay for the training that much easier. I think your suspicion of Jerez using it as a way to get student in is outrageous. Purely because if this was the case not only would they be disgracing themselves but Britannia/Thomsonfly would be disgraced too. Britannia also did some full and some self sponsorship last year so its not a new thing.

Thats my rather lengthy opinion on the situation. If you don't like the sound of it then don't apply easy as that. Hope this helps guys,

Taiguin