PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems with WORD; any experts?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2005, 12:15
212man

Received 351 Likes on 197 Posts
Unhappy Problems with WORD; any experts?

Not sure if anyone has encountered the following problems or knows what to do about it?

I frequently have to make amendments to sections of an Ops manual. Although the original author of it, the pages I actually edit have been sent from our Publications department, and so are not the original files.

When, I start editing and adding sections, the document becomes unstable and grows to enormous size. e.g. a document I'm working on now of 32 pages has gone from 360 Kb to 27 Mb and when I tried to save it to a memory stick it became 103 Mb!

A solution I have found is to copy all the content and paste to a new document, but I can't see why the problem occurs in the first place, any clues?

The other thing that happens is that when I try to make words or paragraphs bold, the whole document reverses (main text bold, headings etc normal) and I have to click 'undo' to restore it to the intended result. Similarly with bullets; the whole document becomes bulleted until I undo the change and it goes how I wanted it to. Any ideas.

I'm using Word 2003 but have seen this problem in the past with Word 97 and XP.

Cheers