PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALAEA EBA VII agreement
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2005, 21:38
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
When you do "outsource" your maintenance, or any other function, like IT, there is one little problem that always arises - the need for quality control and administration of the outsourced contract.

Now this requires that you keep a few, just a very little few, people who have a LAME background, and perhaps licences, to keep tabs on who is doing what to who and how much Qantas is going to be paying. Now where might you find such wonderful, sensible, people, loaded with fairness and integrity??????

After reading all the allegations on this and other forums, I've always wondered what the aforesaid members of the allegedley non performing executive were going to do when there time is up because it sounds like, from their alleged behaviour, that they will not be welcome back into your community with open arms.

So my guess (and its just a guess) is that this is the last EBA you, and your executive, will ever make with QF. Both your executive and QF know it.

You guys will be shuffled off and sold to the highest bidder, however your little mates in the executive will stay behind at QF as contract administrators of the maintenance contract.

Thats why they aren't fighting. They are protecting their reputation for integrity, sensibility and fairness - and their right to wear a tie to work. One wonders if they are being "looked after".

As for the allegation that your Pres has been getting overtime while you were not, plus a "holiday" in Malaysia, I am amazed at how easy it is to corrupt people, and how cheap the price is, but thats Sydney for you.

Sorry for the **** stirring, but something has been done to "look after" certain people otherwise they would have been fighting the transmission of business clause. I've watched it being played before in an IT outsourcing project, thankfully from a safe distance.

Having said all that, you just might find that being "outsourced" may be the best thing that has ever happened to you, and you will all be laughing all the way to the bank in a few years time.

I've seen it happen once. Management thought they had done a fast one by flogging off the equivalent of a clapped out Commodore. However after two years diligent work and a bit of polish they were embarrased to realise that they had sold off a Rolls Royce instead!

Last edited by Sunfish; 10th May 2005 at 21:52.