PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT - APP program
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2005, 16:08
Birky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFT - APP

Hey Frank Furillo, SAMIR786 and mackey...

Firstly guys, I have no doubt at all that EFT’s training is very good. That’s precisely why I was interested in going there in the first place, so you can all keep your hair on.

Secondly, however well-intentioned your support for EFT is, you are all mistaken with regard to the inaccuracies I have drawn your attention to. Look again...

Re: Accommodation on the APP program – included or not?

Frank, you’re quite right to say that at one point on the site (http://www.flyeft.com/app/financial_app.html) accommodation is marked as NOT included, what I am saying is that they have conflicting information on their website, something which they still haven't rectified as of 10.5.05 (a week after I told them about it). Look at http://www.flyeft.com/inside_eft/accommodation.html and you will see quite clearly that EFT say,

"Cadets enrolled on the Airline Pilot Programme™, who are working with EFT for a period of up to two years, live in our own student housing in nearby Vero Beach - a 10 minute drive from EFT's base. We built these houses (fifteen overall) as a response to previous students' dissatisfaction with the available accommodation at EFT. Erected in mid-2003, the houses are bright and spacious, each containing two en-suite bedrooms and a shared kitchen and living room. Bedrooms are suitably equipped with cable television, telephone and internet access. It's the perfect training and living environment while working with EFT. Rental of student houses is $575 per calendar month (or $25 per day), with an initial security deposit of $250. This price is included in the APP™ course, but is charged separately for Modular and FastTrack™ students."

The last line clearly says the accommodation is part-and-parcel of the APP fee, no?

Re: Multi-engine hours – included on the APP program or not?

Take a look at http://www.flyeft.com/library/app_schedule.pdf

At the bottom of that PDF document (Phase 5) it clearly implies that instructors with EFT's APP program can build up to 200 hours of ME time. This is not true, not unless you spend a further $10,000 with them and get a ME instructor rating. It is very misleading of them not to point this out clearly on their website.

Guys, my overall point is this. Anyone can make a mistake on a website. It's how you handle being corrected that matters. I would say EFT's reaction could be characterised as,

"avoid this smart alec, we don't want him working as an instructor for us because he looks at the small print too much".

Students looking to spend tens of thousands of pounds with a given flying school are under a lot of pressure (from all angles) to spend their monies wisely. For that reason, a wise student will try to nail down every last cost as much as possible.

Therefore, where schools give inaccurate or conflicting information, they should firstly apologise for that error and then fix that error, not argue with the customer, or, worse still, tell that customer you don't want their business.

Over to you Trevor, don't just have your students speaking for you eh?

(I do love a good-natured battle of wits!)

Birky

Last edited by Birky; 10th May 2005 at 17:17.