PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you deliberately ground-loop a Cessna single?
Old 9th May 2005, 10:38
DYNAMIC STALL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DubTrub

Glide clear of what????

If GA were to follow your interesting observation we'd all be operating out of Woomera (no pun intended).

When learning to fly I had an engine partial failure, not enough to get back, but enough for my instructor to put it on a golf course.

That was Archerfield, similar incidents in Bankstown and Moorabbin show that pilots can do amazing things when they have to. I don't believe an innocent bystander has ever been killed or injured by a GA aircraft doing a forced landing.

So, with roads, footie fields, golf courses and parks, what exactly are we 'gliding clear of'.

I suggest you learn to fly and come back when you have some idea about what you ask.

BTW, are you Sun Herald, or Melbourne Age???

Centaurus, if you put her on the nosewheel you risk a flip. I'd suggest just boot most sexy rudder (remember a skid in a car, it will probably slide sideways away from the rudder you boot) and brake. It will loop OK, watch the wing doesn't dig in, a broken wing means spilled fuel in most types.

By the way, this is just me guessing

Barry.