PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a job without having a contact within an airline
Old 8th May 2005, 17:36
lasloflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Addy you say the only company you have a contact with is Ryanair - Do you not want to work for them?

I myself have recently been offered a place on the their Type Rating course with CAE. I made direct contact with the guy in HR who seems to have the final say on whether you get called for a SIM check and interview.

Like you guys I had been knocked back and knocked back by loads of other carrriers and I would add that it was breath of fresh air to hear someone positive on the other end of the phone.

The guy I spoke to was Allan Sweeny. He said to me 'whats your profile, whats your availability...ok come along for a SIM'...It was so different to all the other snotty Aviation HR people I have encountered.

I went to East Midlands , passed the SIM ride and the HR interview and now I start a course in two weeks...brilliant!!!

Sweenys number is 79108 23360 and he doesn't seem to mind us low houred guys calling him.