PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What If
Thread: What If
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2001, 04:48
The Weasel

Arrow

VFR Pilotxperience has shown that even if you do report this type of incident through the proper channels, the end result is likeley to be so mild as to be ineffective. You are unlikely to see the culprit(s) made an example of. Typical answers are 'procedures have been put in place' or 'staff have been made aware that this is not acceptable'. It does'nt exactly get the cowboy's quaking in their boots. Worse still the offending Manager is still in place, and may wish to teach you a lesson.
Furthermore, when you look at the question banks for the H.F. exam modules, there is nothing there to help you make a decision on how to handle this type of situation without it putting you at risk from recrimination.
Just compare how frequently you see maintenance violations occuring around you against how many AMEL's are revoked.
Another problem facing you could be lack of evidence..can you prove your case 100%?
As for the ones who lay the guilt trip on you by saying doing nothing makes YOU guilty, I'm sure everyone else is likely to be turning a blind eye too.
I despise these unconvicted criminals as much as you probably do, but when you weigh up the chances of succesfuly rendering them unable to cut corners, you have to think very carefully. If you go for it...good luck and I hope you start a trend.