PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BK117
Thread: BK117
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2005, 21:42
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
No apology offered.

Giovanni you said categorically the BK117 gearbox was made by ZF in Germany. Not specifically correct, but it seems that some probably are - but that is not what was said in the post.

The Giovanni statement appears to have directly contradicted Noooby [allegedly a mechanic who had worked on the beast - who was backed up by Spinwing] who offered an opinion that the Kawasaki gearbox on the 117 was a good bit of gear.

Perhaps this argument may therefore be with Noooby and Spinwing in their apparent confirmation that the models of BK they were aware of were using Kawasaki.

It may be that some models of the BK have ZF boxes, but as far as the thread goes this is a Kawasaki box thread ['bad press on Kawasaki gearbox failures'].

I am aware that there are Kawasaki boxes on the BK117C1 and that I am not aware of any major MGB problem reports on that type but that was probably the sum total of my knowledge at the time I posted. Hence the question.

From Noooby and Spinswing I have had my question on the usual capabilities of Kawasaki gearboxes succinctly answered.

The insertion of any ZF mention is therefore effectively a red herring.

Finally Silsoe .... in which posting did you actually get around to twisting quoted words of 'Silsoe Kids comment' into the slightly emotive .... 'kids comment' - have you been taking something? That was just a typo for Silsoe Sid, you even changed the Capitalisation in support of what was a clear distortion of the written word.