PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates T and C changes
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2005, 15:47
Quod Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Marcellus,having been involved in pilot selection at EK,I can assure you the standard,is "variable".When I was there,it was generally very good,but that is because the system,was run by pilots for pilots,with some HR input.It truly was balanced,I saw excellent candidates miss out,because of what I considered minor shortcomings,equally others made it in,by the skin of their teeth.

The original regime,(that was dropped by our former leader in one of his moments of fancy and inherited by the current flt ops management),did a great job IMHO.Very few problem children slipped through,it was a thorough,cross checked procedure with little room for favouritism.From the group evaluation,sim to pyscho.

Remember,EK take ANY ICAO atpl,and the selection is no longer done by the same system,and like rubber goalposts,the standard is variable,depending on demand,demand is high to get pilots in,but in the meantime,pilots are leaving.Coupled with this,new pilots are failing to show up.This has never happened in my time at EK,but we are told 20-25 apply a day.Really?

I would politely suggest,the demand has eased from pilots who traditionally,would have come to EK,years ago,giving up an existing command or secure slot,from traditional recruitment areas.

IMHO,of course,and that is partly to do with the opening post on this thread.

Off to the pubQB