PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speed Cameras
Thread: Speed Cameras
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2005, 19:50
C130 Techie
Fat Albert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flik roll

Eating and drinking whilst driving is illegal as highlighted in several recent court cases. I believe the basic fine is generally £20

However, a bite of an apple or a sip of a drink then returning both hands to the wheel may take several seconds. Similarly with smokers and changing the radio station.

People who use mobile phones are distracted for long periods and generally steer and change gear whilst they have one hand stuck to their ear and are generally concentrating on the call and not the road.

Anyone who uses a mobile whilst driving is a danger to other road users and should recieve a hefty fine and a ban.

I am a motorist, a cyclist and a runner and have had too many close calls with these idiots for comfort.

Consideration for other road users is seriously lacking in this country.

Incidentally I used the "Well Driven" service to complain about a Tesco lorry on the M4 last week and received a very apologetic letter from the Tesco transport manager. The service works and if it potentially stops some idiot lorry drivers tailgating and cutting people up then maybe we should make more use of it.