PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia 320 order?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2005, 08:36
QNH1013
INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH is most probably an ex employee and if not, is someone who has direct information from inside. And it's correct. His views are his personal opinion and he likes to sh1t stir. Up to him and you can't change that. After all, lots of it is it true. No point getting worked up over it. Put your own points forward as what you did Touch'n'oops. Your points are true and valid too. This is PPRUNE and we know how it gets on here.

Air Asia has grown super fast and along with it has gone through the growing pains. Mistakes have been made and there have also been gains. Too many things to discuss on one thread. Lets just look to the future and see how the new management clean up loose ends. New pay scale has been a welcome and overdue relief. Good for the Captains, marginal for the F/O's. But with supply and demand, there will always be F/O's to employ cheaper. Sad fact.

Someone will either strongly love Air Asia, strongly hate Air Asia, or have a balanced view. You can't change those types of posts that you'll see here. Getting back to the A320 thread, yes, it'll will bring Air Asia in to it's future growth as the leading low cost carrier in Asia. As a business, it will carry on and do well as the market is always there. As for the conditions to work there, it's up to the people there. I understand when some say they are sick of the Boss's argument of "you all wouldn't have a job if is wasn't for Air Asia" Fine, True I say. However There is also give and take. People got jobs and people also worked Fing hard through the years ok. And they deserve their worth. Lets hope conditions continue to improve step by step. Right now it's better than it used to be. Air Asia will always be a low cost carrier. If Crew want life like it is in the major airlines, they will have to leave. For those in the low cost carrier life. Lets make it a comfortable rewarding one also in it's own right. I'm sure the management know by now perhaps the hard way that it's important to make their people happy or content too. Not there yet, but I personally think it's heading in the right direction. How long, I do not know. For example perhaps to improve the existing pi55 poor reliability, we'll have to wait for the new more reliable aircraft to arrive.

I may be elsewhere already when those days come, but good luck to all.