PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM or BAD CRM or no CRM?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2005, 01:17
popay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

D_71,
Well sorry to hear that. I can confirm you that sometimes it’s a common practice to mob the “troublemaker” out by any means. Usually they try to fail him in the sim. and as you know everybody can be failed. SO what to do? We had a similar case back home in Germany, where the Flight Ops tried to fail 3 consecutive times and finally failed the Swiss PIC and fired him. Well on the first approach it looks like they succeeded, but the guy went to Zürich before he attended the third sim and performed the OPC check on the LBA approved Sim with LBA approved Checker and succeeded, afterwards he sued the company and won 1,5 million DM. The conclusion of the story is, as long as you are employed in countries, where the law does work, take advantage of it and fight for your right. According to JAA every company needs to have a safety or quality department, which has to assist the fleet office on investigations. Also in OM there should be a procedure written how the investigation has to be performed. So if your ASR hasn’t been processed accordingly and there was no investigation with associated results, which you also have to be informed about, well than go and see a legal advisor. There are lawyers, who work with aviation (flight safety relevant) cases, especially when it comes to a conflict between pilot and the office. However, I can tell you from my own experience that the attitude of the office people changes dramatically and becomes extremely cooperative, when they understand its very serious now. Financial it also shouldn’t be a problem if you have a legal insurance, covering such things, which you usually do have in Europe. In Europe 75% of the pilot body was taking the company to the court on the regular basis and usually the company has lost. They had to hire people back because they failed to send them a notice on time. I don’t appreciate such a method and try to reach a desirable level of understanding by talking to the people, but if doesn’t work, well let the law decide. Here is one of possible aviation lawyers; you could seek legal advice from
http://www.aviationlaw.co.uk/index.html
Well good luck to you too.
Cheers.