PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM or BAD CRM or no CRM?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 18:00
popay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Smokey, thanks for your advice. Indeed very useful and mature words.
I agree with you absolutely that a confrontation tactic leads to an escalation and that doesn’t help anybody. Often in such a “spiral” of exchanging of fire the safety deteriorates even more. On the other Hand, usually, if you point something out and the PIC takes it personally and is sort of “pissed” and there is sort of tension, but neither the less returns to the safe track, than its ok.
Of course, as an F/O, I have to be more diplomatically and sort of second voice in positive way. This helps if; it’s a minor personality problem, reflecting a sort of sensitive way to react on a correction from the right side. In this case I agree with this method.
If we are speaking about intentional violations on frequently basis, endangering the flight safety significantly, well than, I just have to think about my self and my family in first place and about the PAX in second. It certainly doesn’t help my wife and son, if I will be prosecuted or even worse handicapped, like in case of Hapag Lloyd F/Os. The PIC was one of the most senior TRI in the airline.
In this case, after followed all the suggested diplomatic procedures without success, I can’t let him perform dangerously.
I do realize that my position might be endangered, dependable on the way the office takes the issue, but I have to live with it. If the airline decides not in my favour, well **** happens, that means I ended up in wrong airline, but so far I don’t have this impression.
Anyway once again thanks for your help.
Cheers.