PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speed Cameras
Thread: Speed Cameras
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 11:40
Stax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Cameras

I would like to apologise to all for my sideswipe at FJP a few posts ago. The following proves it's not always their fault!

True story. 270405 1710(ish) hrs. I am travelling from a large RAF station in Lincs to my home some 25 miles away. Waiting at the B1202/A15 crossroads for a gap to cross I see coming from the Lincoln direction a blue P reg BMW. The driver (dressed in a flying suit with officer rank tabs) does a very nice left hand turn using only his left hand, due to the fact his right hand had a mobile phone clamped to his ear! He then drove for around 5 miles, still with the phone at his ear at around 60 to 65 MPH, still talking and probably changing gear (that left hand was busy). The B1202 for those who don't use it is a typical Lincolnshire B road, steep camber, damaged edges, no kerb, dips you can hide an arctic in, tractors and wildlife appearing in front of you etc.
He actually turned off up a fen road (still talking) whilst driving through a large village beginning with the letter M, I suspect he lives up there so I really can't see what was so important about his call.

Now, I suspect I may get cries of "Aircrew Basher" "If it was that bad why didn't you stop him" type posts coming up, but my point is that this prat, who is supposed to be a grown up, endangered himself and others by flouting one of the few recent laws that makes sense. The BMW and the fact he is aircrew was just a bonus for me!

Seems obvious he serves at the large RAF unit near Lincoln, so if anyone recognises him (dark haired bloke) Then chastise the eejit at every opportunity!

Oh yes, he probably isn't an FJP.