PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 210's tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 10:57
OneBall...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Segway

Sorry maxgrad and mainframe but I disagree. Not that nicely put.

Yes operate the aircraft in accordance with the AFM and POH and respect it like any other aircraft but do not fear it.

You see, stalling a C210 on base (over-shooting final) is nothing to do with any vice of the aircraft, real or imagined. This scenario will take place as a result of the pilot's actions regardless of aircraft type and is a failure of either the pilot's ability or training or both.

I flew the C210 for about 1200 hrs or so and it was my first type after gaining my CPL. I never once came close to inadvertently stalling the aircraft, clean or dirty, and I was no Biggles or Yeager.

You're painting a picture of SeaFury-like go-around characteristics, hidden vices and widow-making sudden death tendencies in a very docile aircraft. Any aircraft can be found to have a nasty tendency somewhere in its envelope if you really try hard enough to find it and kill yourself in it.

I have yet to see even the dumbest baggy-arsed boggy 200hr-CPL decide to show off "in the landing configuration"....!!!! (what would be the point??????)

A go-around at low speed? All go-arounds are made at low speed... then you accelerate. This is a fundamental. If the pilot allows IAS to decay during a turn then it will happen regardless of aircraft type. It's a little unfair to blame this on the 210.

I think using "stunt pilot" and "death-defilers" is a little extreme..... Kind of sounds like WA journalism.

And guys... These days it's the "Segway"...... move with the times!!

Last edited by OneBall...; 29th Apr 2005 at 11:11.