PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM or BAD CRM or no CRM?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2005, 14:43
popay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, folks thanks for your comments.
411A “It might end up in your file labelling you as a troublemaker.” You might be right or not. All depends on his previous reputation. I had a similar case, not that heavy, but similar and did what you have suggested, spoke with the chief pilot. He said he can’t do anything without written report and as A37575 said when it comes to flight safety to hell with the career. I think you just need to think, what your career would be in case of hard landing or runway overrun (unlikely but possible) or something else. Apart from that, I don’t just go and file a report because there was a mistake, from whom ever. There was an intentional violation on the regular basis and that’s what I can’t tolerate. Besides that I have made sure to have spoken to him after the first leg and his reaction just confirmed my assumption. Maybe you would understand it better if I describe you a situation from other point of view. I fly for ME company and I am European and the captain is from Libya. Just to show you the difference, for me it all starts with being late for check in and than constantly growing in to a major violation. For him it’s all about the respect and his pride. So we are in fact aiming two different goals, I target a correct operation resulting in safe flight; he wants to be “respected” for his superior actions. So consequently it’s impossible to reach the same goal and understanding of each other. As I said, I have tried to discuss the things after landing and his reaction just confirmed to me one more time “it doesn’t make sense”. So I leave it with the office. For my understanding it’s not acceptable to perform this way in a modern cockpit, but it all depends on you level of responsibility and experience. Anyway flying with that sort of people the co-pilot degrades to a watch man instead of being a deputy.
Anyway whatever the result could be, I at least did warn the office it could be a serious problem.
Cheers.

Last edited by popay; 28th Apr 2005 at 15:28.