PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 210's tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2005, 03:34
Utradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES....the comments made my me on this thread are emotionally charged and would be for anyone after witnessing such an event. It is done so for the benefit of young inexperienced and perhaps bold pilots trying to please their mates who read these posts.

The only purpose of my posts is to discourage unresponsible flying in aircraft...... It's not worth it.

Frickman, I did not mean to attack you, but it sickens me to hear people encouraging 'cowboy flying'. I'd hate to hear of any more of these type of accidents. The bit about PNG in your post is irrelevant.
My version of a beat up or "a show" is a takeoff along the runway, gear up early, gain speed and then making an abrubt climb. I think a lot of other guys think the same.
A runway inspection on the other hand, as I have already said, is slow flight along the edge of the runway with gear and flap out to assess the runway condition and is normally covered during training.
As you mention.....the flying conducted at airshows where beatups are displayed, are normally conducted by very well selected and trained pilots and know the limitations of their aircraft extremely well. They are also permitted to do such flying after a lot of preparation and training. The guys doing 'beatups' out bush are normally aware that they should'nt doing it. Why, because it's an unnecesary risk.
Safety is all about minimizing the risk of a chain of events
cjam, the cyclone originates when you can't take that extra child out of Baniyala!!